Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
International Marketing and Entrepreneurship (MSc)
The programme content is aimed at preparing graduates for marketing positions in business, particularly in the area of International Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
Therefore the programme will assist students to:
- Further develop the students’ knowledge and critical understanding of marketing to an advanced level.
- Cultivate a comprehensive range of applied and analytical skills in marketing, with a strong emphasis on strategic decision-making.
- Expose students to the latest cutting-edge ideas, techniques, and marketing frameworks through the analysis of industry best practice.
- Foster an appreciation of the significant changes and challenges occurring in increasingly competitive marketplaces.
- Develop students’ competencies and confidence through professional training in business and marketing skills, including oral and written presentation skills.
- Provide training in the methods and practice of accepted research methodologies.
- Allow students to develop and expand their personal confidence.
Applications and Selections
You can apply for this programme from the following link.
Who Teaches this Course
- Dr Declan Fleming, PhD, MBS
- Dr Christine Domegan, PhD, MBS
- Dr Elaine Wallace, PhD, MBS
- Dr Ann Torres, PhD, MBS
- Dr Patricia McHugh, BComm, MBS, MMII, PhD
Dr Sheila Malone, PhD
Requirements and Assessment
A H2.1 undergraduate honours degree in business or a related discipline (NFQ Level 8), or international equivalent, is normally required. However, candidates with a significantly high H2.2 honours degree and who have achieved a 2.1 average within a relevant Marketing specialism in a business degree, will also be considered.
Applicants from a Non-Business/Marketing degree background, applying as a conversion programme, are required to successfully complete an online Principles of Marketing course, as specified by the Marketing Discipline.
IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, if applicable.
1 year, full-time
Next start date
A Level Grades ()
10–20 (some shared modules)
QQI/FET FETAC Entry Routes
See Key Dates for offer rounds information.
Mode of study
The programme is offered on a full-time basis over one year. Lectures will commence in the first week of September, with assessments/written examinations during/at the end of each semester. The programme consists of a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, projects, case studies and presentations. A range of assessment methods are used, including essays, projects, reports, presentations, case studies and and/or written examinations. To be eligible for the award of Masters, candidates must successfully complete modules to a total of 90 ects. Students are required to take twelve obligatory subjects and complete a week long Summer School (at the end of semester 2 exams in May) and an Applied Marketing Project.
Summer School & Applied Marketing Project
Summer School—an intensive one-week course aiming to provide students with up-to-date skills on topical areas in marketing practice.
The Applied Marketing Project is a team-based consultancy undertaking. Students will take on the role of consultants and work directly with an assigned real live company to address a specific marketing problem and develop a research-based solution.[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Why Choose This Course?
Graduates have found employment in such companies as GlaxoSmithKline, Kerry Group, ExOrdo, Sales Force, Fáilte Ireland, SAP, Tourism Ireland, Smyths Toys.
More reasons to choose this course
- Summer School (1 week) on topical areas in marketing practice.
- Consultancy projects which provide realistic industry settings and experiences
- Team building exercises
- Team building field trip (e.g. a day in Delphi resort https://www.delphiadventureresort.com/outdoor-activities/)
- Training on 'Working in Groups'
- Inter-Cultural Training
- Extra curricular workshops (e.g. Excel Training, Writing Skills, Referencing)
- Executive Masterclasses by Industry Experts in Global consumer and business companies—e.g. Google; OnePage CRM; Audi; Guinness; Nestle, Kerrygold; Aerogen; Heineken; Gamestop; & Amadeus.
- Under special arrangements with the Marketing Institute of Ireland (MII), students can sit the MII Qualifier Exam, enabling them to become full members of the Marketing Institute and use the letters MMII Grad after their name, as well as being listed in the Marketing Institute’s Register of Qualified Marketers.
- Fantastic partnerships with industry:
J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics MSc International Marketing and Entrepreneurship Merit Scholarship
Details of our merit Scholarships for the MSc in International Marketing and Entrepreneurship commencing September 2021 will be published in Spring. For more information on the scholarship application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Link to Scholarships page.
2018/2019 Class - Delphi Adventure Resort Team Building Day
At the start of the year, the MSc Marketing Programme students and the academic discipline go to Delphi Adventure Resort for a full day of team building activities.
2019/2020 Class - Delphi Adventure Resort Team Building Day
Class of 2020 Delphi Team Building Day
International Marketing and Entrepreneurship (MSC) Guest Speakers:
Joe Smyth SVP of R&D, AI Group Lead at Genesys
Paula Clarke, Motivational Speaker, Coach and Potentialist, Clarke Griffin Associates
Who’s Suited to This Course
Transferable Skills Employers Value
Related Student Organisations
Fees: Student levy
Fees: Non EU
Postgraduate students in receipt of a SUSI grant – please note an F4 grant is where SUSI will pay €2,000 towards your tuition. You will be liable for the remainder of the total fee. An F5 grant is where SUSI will pay TUITION up to a maximum of €6,270. SUSI will not cover the student levy of €224.
Meet our Students & Graduates
Sarah Dolan | Senior Marketing & Communications Manager for Global Events
“The MSc in Marketing allowed me the opportunity to reach my full potential, helping me build the skills and knowledge necessary to become part of one of the largest software companies in the world. The masters gave me a distinct advantage over other candidates as a result of the scope of topics and projects we covered. I would recommend it to anyone who is passionate about marketing and would like to build a successful career in this field.”
Brian Mac Cathmhaoil | Community manager at Ex Ordo
The extensive skills I built through the International Marketing and Exporting masters built a platform for me to work as the administrator for the 21st McGill International Entrepreneurship conference and to publish a book chapter from my thesis. The experience and expertise gained from the master's programme gave me the confidence to work as the community manager for Ex Ordo a dynamic software company that has customers in over 60 countries. The fun I had in doing my masters provided me with some lifelong friends and really helped me create a career in marketing.
Jason Gaynor | Development Executive – Enterprise Ireland
I graduated in 2016 from NUIG's MSc International Marketing and Exporting. The expertise and advice from lecturers and the material covered helped prepare me for work with National and International employers such as Pat The Baker and Valeo Foods. It also allowed me to discover my interest in Internationalisation which led me to pursue a position with Enterprise Ireland.